I realized my disclaimer was written many moons ago so I have updated this for the new digital age we live in
This is a blog meant to share my food and travel experiences with people who are kind enough to read and follow.
I am sometimes invited to eat/stay/visit for free (or in some cases provided some kind of compensation as part of a paid or in-kind collaboration), but my comments are entirely based on my own opinion.
My overall experience may not be reflective of that of the average diner, customer or traveler. I always state in my posts here and on social media whether this was an invite, collaboration or paid experience.
To be more specific it can also include:
- Life on the Wedge (and any guests) were invited, free of charge, to the event/restaurant/function/hotel/experience for the purpose of sharing this experience with you, the reader or my followers.
- Any commentary on service or the overall quality of the experience are strictly what I experienced at that event, tasting or during the stay or visit. It’s possible that we received special treatment.
- All comments on the quality of the food, service, overall experience remain completely my own, irrespective of the event/restaurant/function/hotel and certainly irrespective of the treatment I received.
- Occasionally, posts may be on restaurant/hotel/venue openings/launches or even relaunches. Where possible, I try to return to the venue (or go beforehand) if I believe a full review is useful and needed.
- Also, some blog posts may contain links that are affiliate links. This means that if you click them and make a purchase or a booking, I get a small commission.
- When it comes to opening hours, website addresses and restaurant addresses, please double check this information as things may have changed since writing the blog post.
I reserve the right to change the focus of the blog or shut it down at my own discretion. I also reserve the right to delete any comments on the blog without notice due to things like spam, racist remarks, profanity and other comments deemed offensive.
Unless otherwise noted, I, Life on the Wedge/Rachel Morris am the legal copyright owner of all material – graphics, multimedia and written. It may not be reprinted or modified without my written consent. A link to http://www.lifeonthewedge.net must appear on all copies of my material